How we managed to increase our client's website traffic by 101.58% in just one month
on Oct 30, 2013
You are present online but not receiving enough traffic on your website, is the bane of all media websites, in fact, all websites. One of the major reasons why it’s happening: ‘lack of effective SEO practices.’
This is what a client of our was facing on their website. It is a weekly print magazine, publishing information on advertising and ad marketing news specifically targeted towards agency and business managers. The magazine provides in-depth views, inside-industry information and analytical information on latest brand advertisements from all around the industry.
Our aim is to increase traffic on the website, at least by 10% each month and improvement in SERP. A search engine results page (SERP) is the listing of results returned by a search engine in response to a keyword query.
We adopted both online and offline SEO practices to achieve the objective.
Online SEO practices:
We employed the following strategies:
- Change in website structure - The team updated the site regularly with interesting content and relevant meta-tags, title and heading tags were put for each article. Image used with each article was optimized to improve search ranking.
- Keyword optimization - To drive traffic from search engines to the website, the best (read, most relevant) keywords were selected after thorough research and analysis.
- Easy navigation and sharing options - Structure of the site was modified and planned in a way to let visitors easily navigate the website and find their material easily. Social-sharing buttons were added at the end of each article and related articles were hyperlinked to provide useful articles to the visitors.
Off-page SEO practices:
The following activities were used to get the desired results:
- Online PR release
- Blog creation and its submission on blog submission websites
- Article submission on related News and Media sites
- Sharing the articles on Facebook, Twitter and Google+
Submission of sitemap.xml
Website organic traffic has improved by 101.58%, in just one month.
What is clear here is that sometimes you just need to go to the basics to increase your reach. While not discounting the role of online and offline activities that contributed in increasing the traffic here, the major role was played by good ol’ keyword research and its positioning’.
Tip: try and test your keywords every fortnight until you get the desired results.
What other practices are you employing to improve website traffic?
Share them in the comments section below.